BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

You have Suffered Enough and Warred With Yourself...

It's Time That You Won.

Today, I was texting Rachel, asking her about her recent struggles which I will not go into on my blog. I'll post a link to her formspring and tumblr if you want to go solve the puzzle and get some insight into her story. But thinking about her and the stuff she's been through reminds me of my four years of battling extreme depression and loneliness.

Thinking back, I realized that I can't even remember how I got that way. It's like my brain completely blocked out the circumstances which caused it to give me some peace of mind. Anyway, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that although I have skeletons in my closet, and still have emotional, mental and other scars, I have Christ and his power is made perfect in my weakness.

So, goodbye four years. Goodbye hating myself. Goodbye putting myself down. Goodbye giving into the devil. Goodbye scaring the heck out of myself and the people I love the most. Goodbye being lonely even when I have Christ. I am now able to say "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4:7) This may not be the only race I have to run, but it's one that I have overcome. It's one that I have completed. I may have to do a victory lap, which might be hard when I recall the rocky places and see other people tripping over the same thing I tripped over, but I have won. All the glory to God.


Rachel's tumblr: you, me, and this mess we call love.

Rachel's formspring: Tell me something sweet to get me by;

0 comments: