BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Are You Ready?

One thing I found out this weekend, you can never be ready for death.


Its just not expected, no matter how old the person was or how sick they were, there's still a part of you that's shocked and stung when you realize someone you love will never walk the earth again. My beautiful great-grandmother, Margaret Kennedy, died either late Saturday night, or early Sunday morning, on Mother's Day 2010.



[[I know, I should be rejoicing. She was a believer, right? I know, I know. Somehow, that doesn't make me feel any better.]]

We weren't all that close, but she was always there. Like, she always cooked Christmas dinner for us, even when it would take her from early morning until 4:00 PM to get everything done. She always remembered that my favorite thing to eat is cranberry sauce, and always made sure we had it. She remembered that my favorite room to stay in was the one with the window seat and that I preferred sleeping there to on the bed. She knew that I still loved to sneak away and go to the back room where my favorite stuffed monkey was. She was the one who got me what I asked for on Christmas, she always had a snack, and she loved when I took a moment to sit down a talk to her.

Mamaw, I'm gonna miss you so much. I'm sorry I didn't get to spend the time I should have spent with you. I'm sorry for all the times I said I'd write and didn't. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say thank you as much as I should have. I love you so much.

You make Every Day Worth It.

0 comments: