BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Love Will Hold Us Together

I love hugs. I don't care if you're not a hugging person, I don't care if you think it's awkward, I'm going to give you one anyway. I know, I've been conformed. But what better way is there to show a friend you love them than coming up behind and giving them a really big squeeze? Ah. :)

Speaking of love, how come we as Christians sometimes have such a problem showing Christ's love? I've been talking to a friend about how closeted some of us can be, me included. It's like we have a problem with stepping out of our bubbles and say "hey you! I love you!" Like someone's going to think we're freaks if we walk up and say hi to a new person.



I am personally no good at this. I'm naturally a quiet person, most of the time. I do love people and being around them, they energize me, but going up to someone alone is very awkward for me. If I'm in a group of people I know and there's a new person, I have no trouble talking to them.

My people, the ones I'm close enough with to hug, are like my security blanket. It's hard to step outside of that. But I need to, we need to. This world's cold! Everyone should have someone that runs up behind them and gives a big squeeze.

...and I'll be my brother's keeper, so the whole world will know that we're not alone.

0 comments: