BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Think! It Does Wonders.

How many of us think things through before we do them? I can honestly say, not me. I see so much of this every day. There are people who get themselves into really hard dilemmas that could have been avoided if they had just stopped to think for a moment.

Oh sure, we think things through after we're deep in trouble. This is where the introspective thinking kicks in and we look and all the factors and most likely go "oops, I shouldn't have done that". It's only when we're caught between two people or when we're so deep in an addiction or in our feelings that we realize "hey, that probably wasn't a good idea". Then it's too late. Whatever we've done has a hold on us and it can be so hard to climb back out.

In the lives surrounding me I see falling in love too quickly, cutting, depression, best friendships falling apart... all because no one stopped to think. I happen to be in one of these quandaries right now, so don't think I'm dissing anyone. I definitely could have avoided where I am now, if Ii had kept my eyes on Christ and watched where I was stepping.

I love my life. But I could have done without the things I've done that I didn't think about. Next time I need to think things through and keep my eyes on the prize.

0 comments: