BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Running Myself to the Ground, Here.

"It's not a human walk, it's the human race." –– Nickelback

     Something I noticed in the song "This Afternoon" by Nickelback is the line above. (Not that I am recommending that song. In fact, I recommend against it. It's not really a good song.) How true is that? All I try to do in my life is cram in as many activities as I can. I need more hours at work. I want to go to bible study, middle school, youth group, and sunday morning services at my church. I'm taking two summer classes so that I can finish my AA by the time I graduate highschool. I want to go to the beach with my best friends. I want to go to the springs with my family. I want to go visit the boys, whom I haven't seen in a while. No wonder I need a nap every afternoon. I pretty much live by the idea that I've gotta race against everyone and everything to get done what needs to be done, whether I would like to admit it or not.
"We've only got 86,400 seconds in a day to turn it all around or throw it all away. We've gotta tell 'em that we love 'em while we've got the chance to say, gotta live like we're dying." –– Kris Allen

     The truth is, it is kind of a race. But even racers need pauses. After all, if we were running all the time, we'd get too exhausted to finish. I'm taking the time right now to take a nap (yay!). Even if you don't have the time for a nap right now, relax. Breathe real slow. Pray. One second of peace might be all you need. 

0 comments: