BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 30, 2010

This Sunday, I'm getting rebaptized. Why, you ask?


When I was six or so, I told my parents I wanted to get baptized. Looking back on it, I really didn't want to get baptized because I was a Christian. I just wanted to do it because that's what everyone else was doing and I knew it was expected of me. I would later really realize the importance of baptism and it's symbolism, but not until after I went through depression and came out really trusting Christ.



But, of course, I'm having a little trouble getting rebaptized. I've been feeling God leading me to do this for several months now. I know he wants this. Have you ever felt God telling you to do something and you just couldn't be at peace with yourself until you did it? That's what I feel like.


Unfortunately, I guess my Dad just doesn't get it. My Mom thinks it's kind of a dumb idea, but she said that if I wanted to, it was my choice. My Dad, on the other hand, kind of got angry. I'm not really sure why. I know he thinks I was ready the first time, but he can't see my heart. Is he afraid? If so, of what? I'm so confused. I don't really know what to do. I'm going ahead with this.


Lord, please change their hearts.





They just don’t get it...

0 comments: